The best Android phone: what would your perfect Android phone be right now?

• Replies:11
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 6, 2014, 10:58:13 AM via Website

Ok, you have been granted magical powers and you can mix and match bits from any current Android phone into a perfect phone.

So what do you choose?

I'll start:
I'd take the body of the Moto X (2014) but add the LG G3's OIS+ and laser auto focus. I'd also put the Huawei Mate 7 finger sensor in the little Motorola logo on the back. Then I'd choose black leather with red trim.

I'd make the battery cover removable with a 3,300 mAh battery, Qi wireless charging and microSD card slot but I'd also make it IP67 rated and include the Z3's rubberized bumpers on the corners.

I'd stick HTC's BoomSound speakers on the front but keep the tiny bezels of the G3 and throw in Sony's audio tweaking settings and Remote Play functionality.

I'd give it a 5.2 inch QHD AMOLED display like the Note 4 with an awesome battery saving mode like on the Galaxy S5.

It'd be running stock Android L (because why not!) with 4 GB of RAM and a Tegra K1 (again, because why not!) and Cat. 6 LTE too.

That might do me for now...

What would you build?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Dennis Haty
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 9, 2014, 9:13:16 AM via Website

Stock Android L from an upcoming Nexus. Swappable back cover feature from the 2nd gen Moto G, but with the 2014 Moto X material options. However, we go back to the OG Moto X dimple. Large 3,220 mAh removable/replaceable battery from the Note 4 along with its ability to add wireless charging. The incredible 41MP camera from the Nokia Lumia 1020---still kills any Android or Apple smartphone offering. HTC One M8's speakers and headphone jack placement. The 128 GB variant and fingerprint reader from the iPhone 6. Leather covers and other accessories that are offered for Samsung Note phones. Screen, build, software features, and non-mainstream status of the 2014 Moto X.

Add on Zepp sensor and Adidas miCoach integration (its entire ecosystem), to their full potential, and I could finally lead the life I was meant squander.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Oct 9, 2014, 12:30:52 PM via Website

I'm pretty undemanding... I'd swap the innards of the Nexus 6 with those of my Nexus 5, only I'd increase the depth rather than the width ;)

Sinkster

RBK
  • Forum posts: 50

Oct 12, 2014, 10:10:13 AM via App

sinkster

I'm pretty undemanding... I'd swap the innards of the Nexus 6 with those of my Nexus 5, only I'd increase the depth rather than the width ;)

man u rock -@RBKruler;-)

Deppon Lian
  • Forum posts: 17

Oct 13, 2014, 6:10:57 AM via Website

Moto X or One M8. Try to avoid Nexus and all Samsung devices.

Stephane Trahan
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 23, 2014, 6:11:47 PM via Website

I would like to see an updated version of the Nexus 5... Same size of screen, thinner (but not essential) with updated hardware that will support 64-bit CPU, improved cameras, options of 32g or 64g memory. I want the device to easily handle the next four years worth of Android updates.

Clade
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 24, 2014, 9:24:17 AM via Website

This is my perfect Android phone:

• Camera from LG G3 (and Galaxy S5's tilt-shift function).
    • Body of the Nexus 6 (without the Motorola logo and Nexus logo in the absolute center)

• Android L <3 with a bit of Samsung's TouchWiz (and software like S Voice, Note..) (call me crazy...)

• Multitasking and the pen of Note 4

• Some smart features from S4 and above (like Smart Stay, Smart Scroll, Air View..)

• Cat6 LTE (it's not even available in Finland, but why not)

That's pretty much it, one of those please!

Abby Gale
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 27, 2014, 1:35:39 PM via Website

I like Smasung Glaxy S5................There are so many advantages and facilities that no other set has.

MasterChat
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 27, 2014, 3:39:45 PM via Website

The best Android phone from here will hopefully become the latest model of HTC. :D

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 24, 2015, 4:12:12 AM via Website

I like Meizu and Huawei.Their price is quite reasonable, the quality is all right .:$

Abhiram S.
  • Forum posts: 35

Jun 26, 2015, 8:20:48 PM via Website

Now that all the flagships are announced here, i would like the stock os of nexus 6
Removable battery from lg g3
Battery life of xperia z3+
Amoled screen of galaxy s6
Camera of Xperia z3+
Ddr4 ram from galaxy s6
Processor of xperia z3+(qs 810 v2.1)
And a price of oneplus one:)