Motorola Moto G — Answering a Call when the screen is locked.

• Replies:7
James Thomson
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 16, 2014, 9:07:16 PM via Website

It may seem to be a simple problem. However, the phone is asleep and and a call comes in. It starts ringing and I am trying to answer it. I expected a password screen to be there but it is not. The phone keeps ringing and I end up missing the call.

Is there an easy way to answer my Moto G when it is asleep?

Regards
James

arpan shahi
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 5, 2014, 5:45:23 PM via App

I think you are using third party application... if this then please unistall the third party apk..which you just downloded then that's the solution autherwise it won't happen... OK

— modified on Nov 5, 2014, 5:46:59 PM

James Thomson

Nov 5, 2014, 9:53:07 PM via Website

Good day Arpan,

I presume you mean an app which has something to do with the default phone installed. No I do not have anything like. The only apps
I have installed are used for music or webb access. If there is a particular app you are thinking off please let me know.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Nov 5, 2014, 10:13:03 PM via App

If it's happening a lot, try safe mode to see if it's an app that's causing the issue. Press the power button and then hold Power off until the Reboot to safe mode window pops up. Tap OK and it will reboot in safe mode (you'll see 'safe mode' in the bottom left). If you can answer calls normally while in safe mode then it's an app that's causing the issue; if the problem prevails then try a factory reset.

Sinkster

Alycia Crawley

James Thomson

Nov 5, 2014, 10:40:01 PM via Website

Thank you Sinkster

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 7, 2016, 9:30:11 AM via Website

Thanks sinkster for the solution.

David Bogner
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 19, 2016, 2:33:19 AM via Website

I had the same issue until I discovered that it was operator error. When the phone is asleep and an incoming call wakes it up, I mistakenly assumed the round phone icon in the middle of the screen simply needed a tap to answer the call. No, it expects a tap, hold and slide to the blue phone icon to answer the call. This had me going in circles for a couple of days of missed calls. I guess it pays to read the instructions!!!

Joni LeVinessDeactivated Account

Jo King
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 9, 2016, 3:10:02 PM via Website

Hello - I am having the same problem but had just discovered step one that the icon in the middle expects a tap, hold and slide but I still can't time it right to answer. That's why I came here lookign for an answer as I felt I was so close to the answer! Anyway, after reading this 'hold and slide to the blue phone icon' I think I am finally going to answer a call when the phone rings and it is asleep. I was not holding for long enough. (silly)(unlike the folks trying to get through who were always holding waiting for me to pick up)

Joni LeViness