Love your apps! But do you know your app may be putting your privacy at risk?

• Replies:0
Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jan 4, 2015, 5:49:01 PM via Website

I know we all are fan of apps as it’s something which keeps us going! But do you know some apps over your device are secretly spying on you, they are accessing your call logs, contacts and the worst part even your device microphone. I am sure you all will get a shock when I tell you that there are apps that can even tell which Wi-Fi network you are using! :O

Okay, tell me how many of you have played the game Fruit Ninja?(angel) If you have looked closely over the permission before installing then you must have the idea what I am trying to refer over here, yes those crazy permissions. I don’t want to take the names of application over here but what I would say over here is “Smartphones have all the information about you, your activities, your communications and much more…. ” (angry)

So, the thing is you can’t control them but you can always on top of them! Be safe, always keep a watch over the application permission and lastly but not the least make sure you switch the data connection off when not in use, as this helps you in saving your data, money and sometimes your information too. As usually it’s seen that apps upload the information while running in the background.

You can monitor the data usage for each and every application over “Data Usage” option available under the settings, keep a check over it! ;)

In my device the top data consumer is Facebook, what’s yours? (thinking)