Motorola Moto E — Connected, No Internet Problem

• Replies:2
Breeze
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 5, 2019, 11:49:28 AM via Website

I have a Moto e5 Cruise(from Cricket Wireless), but I have no regular cell service, instead, I'm connecting to the Internet using only my AT&T Wi-Fi. About 2 months ago, out of the blue, my phone started dropping my connection to the Internet, randomly. My Wi-Fi signal indicator in my toolbar will just show a little "X" and when I go to my settings menu, I see an error msg saying: "Connected, no Internet". I thought it was a problem with my router, so AT&T replaced it with an updated, new model & had a tech come out to check the wiring, inside & outside. However, I'm still having the problem. My phone is the only one that is having the problem, so by process of elimination, I'm guessing it must be something with my device. I have double & triple checked that all the settings match between my device & my Wi-Fi settings, such as the Wpa Key, password, static, etc. I don't know what I'm doing wrong & obviously I'm not very technical. Can someone PLEASE help me figure out how to fix this super annoying problem...IN LAYMAN'S TERMS, PLEASE? I read somewhere that if you uncheck the box in the "Cricket Wi-Fi Connection Manager" that it will solve the problem, however, I've tried it both ways & I still have the same problem. Plus, like I said earlier, I no longer have service through Cricket, or any other carrier on this device, so I don't even think that part would apply to me at all. Thanks for any help/advice anyone can offer.

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Nov 6, 2019, 1:20:07 AM via Website

Difficult to guess anything except maybe something is blocking occasionally the signal. Could be a closed door or something between the source of the signal and your device.

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Nov 6, 2019, 9:56:22 AM via Website

I also underwent such unpleasant experience when I browsed internet web with my laptop through my home WiFi several days ago.

I think that the message "Connected, no Internet" means that your device was connected to the WiFi router well while there should be some issues for the router connecting to your ISP.
So, check the router settings about ISP. Or just power down the router, and then power on it again several minutes later.

— modified on Nov 6, 2019, 10:02:44 AM

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?