Motorola Moto E — I have a problem saving a phone number to an existing contact on a new Moto e6.

• Replies:17
  • Answered
Em Erogork
  • Forum posts: 19

Jan 19, 2020, 4:26:41 AM via Website

On the Moto G, the phone would give the list of existing contacts so that I could select the destination for the new number. In the Moto e6, it gives me only a text box to enter the name of the contact. This requires me to remember the entries of the contact list of over 100 entries.

Is there a switch to change for this or is there an app someone can suggest to improve the situation?

Best answer
Em Erogork

Jan 20, 2020, 11:41:32 PM via Website

Oop, spoke too soon.

I have a contact with many phone numbers and one is incorrect. I cannot find an option to correct/edit the contact.

Also, I do not find a keypad when asked to "hit 1..." for the phone menu. When I do see a keypad during a call, I hit a number and it does not register with the phone menu. The phone acts as if i am entering another phone number.

Hellllp!

— modified on Jan 20, 2020, 11:46:22 PM

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jan 19, 2020, 5:15:00 AM via Website

Change the dialer to one of your liking. There are tons of them many also free

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Jan 19, 2020, 5:19:20 AM via Website

True dialer seems to be a favorite. I use another app but my daughter is playing with the phone at the moment.

— modified on Jan 19, 2020, 5:20:03 AM

Helpful?
Em Erogork
Em Erogork

Jan 19, 2020, 5:48:40 AM via Website

I guess this requires downloading and installing each one and, with my paranoia, that the new app may be offensive to my phone security...

Is "True Dialer" an app? I will look it up and try that one first.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Jan 19, 2020, 6:07:42 AM via Website

Just look them up on Google Play. No problem downloading apps from Play.There are descriptions and screenshots.No need to download them all.

Helpful?
Em Erogork
Em Erogork

Jan 19, 2020, 6:53:18 AM via Website

OK, this one seems to be working. I will check back if there are problems or questions.
Thank you...

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Jan 19, 2020, 8:32:19 AM via Website

Glad to have helped

Helpful?
riaterwo
riaterwo
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 20, 2020, 1:53:38 PM via Website

Thank you very much, everything works for me!

Helpful?
Best answer
Em Erogork

Jan 20, 2020, 11:41:32 PM via Website

Oop, spoke too soon.

I have a contact with many phone numbers and one is incorrect. I cannot find an option to correct/edit the contact.

Also, I do not find a keypad when asked to "hit 1..." for the phone menu. When I do see a keypad during a call, I hit a number and it does not register with the phone menu. The phone acts as if i am entering another phone number.

Hellllp!

— modified on Jan 20, 2020, 11:46:22 PM

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Jan 21, 2020, 2:54:00 AM via Website

You are certainly doing something wrong. I do not know what you have installed but there must be a help file.

Helpful?
Em Erogork

Jan 21, 2020, 3:49:54 AM via Website

It certainly is turning out to be a comedy of errors. I now have the keypad as needed but things seem shaky. I even found that on a new screen, I could edit a contact. I could not tell you the path that I found to get things to this level... It is not the kind of thing that I can work on continuously to see it through, I have to step back to see what changed.

I am sure it has something to do with defaults and understanding the apps. This is the first time I am trying any. Can I presume that I can eventually purchase to get rid of the ads?

It seems to be working, for the most part, for now...
I will check back when I can identify any new issues.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Jan 21, 2020, 4:44:02 AM via Website

I do not know what you have installed but most certainly it is possible to buy a version without ads. There are also apps without ads. I have been using for years an app called SwipeDialer Pro and I am extremely happy with it but for unknown reasons it does not seem to be anymore available on the Play store and you would have to download it from a different source and sideload. Extremely easy process but I am afraid you would have problems with that.Anyway read the help files. Read the notes on the Play store.Usually everything is very simple and built with usability in mind.You can even contact the developers and ,in most cases ,they help you out

— modified on Jan 21, 2020, 6:21:03 AM

Helpful?
Em Erogork

Jan 21, 2020, 7:32:29 AM via Website

I appreciate your help. The majority of issues is that I am having problems understand apps in the first place. These two are the first apps I have used. My previous phone, the Moto G, operated strictly on factory settings except for the fact that someone installed a different keyboard for me. I moved into the Moto e6 scarcely four weeks ago.

I am believe that there is nothing wrong with the phone or the apps. I am sure that they worthy and will prove to be once I understand what to do.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Jan 21, 2020, 7:39:28 AM via Website

Yes that is probably why you are having problems. Just relax, there is nothing complicated about Android. It is intuitive and built for ease of use. And so are most of the apps. Just have fun, there is so much to discover and learn (and tinker)

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Jan 21, 2020, 7:42:39 AM via Website

And it is safe to download apps, try them and, if needed, uninstall them

Helpful?
Em Erogork

Jan 21, 2020, 8:44:52 AM via Website

I think I have concerns when a new app is asking if it is OK to make a change in something and not knowing what that something is is what gives me paws. My cat is concerned too.

As I said, I will let the dust settle and see what happened.

— modified on Jan 21, 2020, 8:45:47 AM

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Jan 21, 2020, 10:04:39 AM via Website

Malicious apps would not ask your permission and as long as you download from Play you should be safe

Helpful?
richardplab
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 22, 2020, 2:30:31 PM via Website

There are hell lot of calling apps like that. Please use any.

Helpful?