Android Forum » Samsung Android Phones » Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum » Easiest way to transfer music from iTunes to SGS2?
created on Aug 30, 2011 10:57:44 AM
— modified on Sep 27, 2011 4:42:12 PM
I have tried to download music from iTunes to my Samsung Kies but it doesn't transfer artist or album name. Anyone know how to bring these across as well?
created on Aug 30, 2011 10:59:33 AM
Found this on another website...hopefully it'll work:
. First install either ipod Agent on PC, this will run a small server program to listen for the Android device.
2. Connect mobile to pc via usb and create a folder called Music on sd card or phone storage, using usb storage method in wireless connections, not using Kies default.
3. Right-click on iTunes Agent icon in system tray and choose preferemces.
4. Leave the settings at defaults and click new.
5. Enter the device name, Galaxy S2
6. Leave Synchronize pattern: set to iTunes
7. Click the Choose button and select the Music folder you created on the Galaxy S
8. Click the Create button and select the Music folder you created on the Galaxy S
9. Click Save and then Close
10. Launch iTunes and you will see a playlist folder called My Devices, under which you will see the Galaxy S
11. Simply drag the music you wish to synchronize from your iTunes library to your Galaxy S into this playlist
12. Finally, right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray and select Synchronize devices to sync Music to your phone.
created on Nov 25, 2011 3:37:11 PM
— modified on Nov 25, 2011 4:00:30 PM
Still trying 2 download music from i tunes on my PC to my galaxy S2 can anyone help
created on Nov 27, 2011 11:26:24 PM
created on Nov 28, 2011 5:06:29 PM
have tried kies & i pod agent with no success i must be doing something incorrectly
created on Nov 29, 2011 10:11:31 AM
Could you describe what happens when you tried to transfer music with ipod agent and kies? They are the most popular solution to help get music transferred between your phone and iTunes so it's odd they didn't work. Post a little more information about what happened and what you tried and maybe someone can help.
created on Nov 29, 2011 12:33:40 PM
When attempting 2 open i pod agent with phone attached i pod agent does not recognise the phone.
any suggestions ?
created on Nov 24, 2012 11:41:43 AM
what is the Itunes agent icon - if it is the shortcut on the desktop then there is no preferences button when right clicking on it. I am soooooooooooo frustrated right now with this process I feel like throwing my ipod, my phone and my laptop through
the wall. Is nothing ever blinkin' simple with technology??????????
created on Feb 28, 2013 3:04:15 AM
Well, I think iTunes music and videos are placed with some sort of drm protection. Unless you get rid of the drm, you will not be able to enjoy them on your phone. Here's a step-by-step guide that'll help:
created on May 7, 2013 7:04:35 PM
Little late on this post but if anyone is still having issues transfer iTunes to Android give iSyncr a try.
iSyncr is able to sync iTunes playlists, podcasts, and more to Android.
Sync play counts from Android to iTunes as well as ratings.
For an iTunes like experience for your Android device, listen to your music with Rocket Music Player.
DRM Protection can be removed on iTunes video's and music (purchased before April 2009).