Welcome to the new HTC ChaCha forum!

• Replies:194
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Sep 21, 2011 5:22:11 AM via Website

I just bought my HTC ChaCha last few weeks ago~Its so adorable~But what make me headache is my FbChat~I dont know why sometime my Fb friends msg me but i cant receive it through the FB Chat.Not cant get it~but it is toooooo slow to receive~HELP ME PLEASE~

Sep 27, 2011 9:19:46 PM via Website

hey
the touchscreen is not responding properly for my htc chacha and i brought it last week. And sometimes it goes to my phone when i touch the screen

Oct 7, 2011 5:59:39 PM via Website

Hi i have a htc chacha and i was wondering how do u delete an app on ur display screen???? I put it on accident and i want to delete it off but i don't want to remove my app just cos of that. Thanks in advance. Xoxo

Oct 8, 2011 6:53:27 PM via Website

Hi keshya,

just tap your fingure on the icon of the apps on your screen and hold down for half a second. An trashcan icon will appear on the lower right side. Now drag your app icon to the trashcan and that is it.

You just deleted the launcher icon not the app. You can add it back anytime later.

seetho

Oct 10, 2011 8:22:34 PM via Website

hi, i only got my htc chacha yesterday so im not completely sure on the features and things... i have the blue square with the explanation mark in it.. what do i click on to 'update software' to get rid of it? also i have tried to get the facebook contact numbers off my address book, but it doesn't completely get rid of them.. is there anything i can do so if i type in a number or name they don't automatically come up?
thankyou!
Gemma

Oct 10, 2011 8:35:34 PM via Website

Nikki Jones
Hi Steven,

That has definitely made them disappear but has not solved it completely. When I try to add a new contact with the same first name as some one from my facebook list, it automatically jumps back to the facebook list and so is not shown. Is there any way I can permantly delete the facebook contacts?

Thanks, Nikki
this is what happens with me.. please help because it keeps coming up and i dont want them to come up automatically..

Oct 11, 2011 12:25:09 PM via Website

I have an Xperia Play but this is how I can turn off the facebook contacts that don't have a listed telephone number on my phone:

1) Go to contacts
2) Press the Menu button
3) Press the Filter button
4) Turn on the top option "Only show contacts with telephone numbers"
5) Click on the facebook account button on the same page (this should bring up a new drop-down menu)
6) Unclick the "all contacts" option in the facebook account tag
7) Click okay.

Done!

Oct 12, 2011 10:41:32 PM via Website

Anybody know how i can transfer my stuff to an SD card? the internal memory on my phone is poor and i have to delete most of my texts or images every night so i have room for the next day.. ive tried to move to SD card from the settings.. it comes up with 'Failed to move application. System updates cannot be installed on external media' this is for my gallery and my text messages.. driving me absolutely up the wall.. :(

Oct 13, 2011 11:54:59 AM via Website

You should be able to do that with either a file manager or with the management software your phone will install on your comptuer when you plug it in.

Try giving Astro File manager a look. It lets you create files and directories on both your phone and your SD card and should help you transfer everything you want to.

Or when you plug your phone into your computer with your microUSB cable it should ask if it can install management software (that is if you are using a PC) let it do that and then you can better manage your files and move them over to your SD card.

Hope that helps!

Oct 16, 2011 1:30:22 PM via Website

Hello,
I just bought my HTC Chacha 2 days back and I have tons of problems..
First, my battery life seems to be short as I need to charge 3 times per day.. I really have no idea why is it so.. :(
Second, I have duplicate contact numbers ! what happened ?? T.T
Third, I need an expert to teach me how HTC chacha function ..

Thx and appreciate help a lot :D

Oct 18, 2011 9:10:14 PM via Website

Hello, firstly im not an expert but i think i can help you..

1. your battery life is probably short because do you have your Wifi on all the time? this drains the battery... so when you are not using the internet make sure you go onto setting - connection - and then untick the wifi or mobile network box.. which ever you use to get the internet.
2. You probably have duplicate contact numbers because some of the phone numbers you have are linked to facebook (i had this too!) to turn this off click on the contact and there should be a link button in the top left hand corner? click it - this should unlink.
I hope this may have helped... :)

Oct 24, 2011 7:50:01 PM via Website

hi there
i've just bought HTC Cha Cha yesterday and i have a problem changing the text input language. it seems the Lng botton is not working. every time i wana change the text language i need to change the devise language.

and how do i update the software or remove it and install it back

thanks.

Oct 25, 2011 11:03:58 AM via Website

Hi there Emad,

You should be able to change the text input language by going to Settings ---> Language ---> Touch Input --->International Keyboard. That's where you can find options for all the different languages you want to type in. I'm not sure what you mean by devise language?

To update the software go to settings --->about phone ---> software updates --> check now.

Oct 29, 2011 10:20:53 AM via Website

hello everyone,
does anyone have problems with the internal storage? i have a 2 gigabyte sd card, but as much as 2 times a day the phone informs me i have to clean my application if i dont do it nothing works
does anyone know how to solve this? and all my downloaded apps are on the sd i just don t manage to put all of the apps on the sd

thank you in advance

Oct 31, 2011 11:48:51 AM via Website

That is very strange. I would have recommended to you App2SD but it seems like you've already moved them to your SD card. It could be that you've simply just installed too many apps but it could be that your phone is full of junkware installed by the manufacturer and carrier. In that case, the only way to get rid of these apps would be too root your phone. I can help you find information on how to do so if you're interested..

Nov 2, 2011 2:50:12 PM via Website

i have the blue exclamation mark on my htc cha cha. its on the left of the phone and it won't go away . how can i remove it? i saw that you replied by updating the software. pls tell me how cause i have no idea. thanks