HTC Sensation XE — Rooting

• Replies:13
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jan 2, 2012 3:18:22 PM via Website

Not sure will do it. You have doe it? I'm afraid I will mess up. I went to xda forums already to check and there's information about rooting but still I'm not sure I want to do it or not.

Jan 2, 2012 9:41:26 PM via Website

I'm loving my XE (now my 3rd HTC) just as it is, plus I'd be too scared of turning it into a brick. I guess only you can decide if it's worth it.... what would it actually give you that you don't have now?

Mar 2, 2012 12:34:55 AM via Website

I use ICS 4.03 and sense 3.6 with the latest firmware 3.30.
Its working great.
I just tried the soft from Htc-one (Endeavor) with sense 4.0 but not all the app's are working.

Mar 2, 2012 1:11:33 PM via Website

I still do not understand why Samsung, HTC and Moto have to run their own launchers.. I wish they would give us users the option to use their launcher or go ICS pure.

I think back in the old 1.X and 2.0 days these launchers were innovative, now they just seem to be archaic...

Back to Rooting the Sensation -- there is lots of info on the XDA site and you should be fine if you follow the steps correctly.

Good luck.

May 15, 2012 9:06:11 PM via Website

if you want to root your sensation/XE then it depends on the HBOOT you have

for hboot 1.18.000 or lower then take a trip to http://revolutionary.io/ and follow the instructions carfully

if you have hboot 1.27.000 then take a look at this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1632553

if however you have hboot 1.29.000 like me then it gets very hard, and currently i would not attempt it,

i accept no responsibility for any damage if you follow the guide and it goes wrong.

hope this helps

Jan 10, 2013 11:16:37 AM via Website

I had the 1.18.0000 HBoot version before i updated to ICS..It then changed to 1.29.0000..after i finished my phone warranty..I officially unlocked my bootloader with the HTCdev.com and the ultimately rooted my phone with the juopnutbear S-Off utility...

Now currently using..Cyanogenmod 9 pyramid ROM