HTC Wildfire — Emails not being displayed

• Replies:9
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Feb 15, 2012 7:04:49 PM

Occasionally my emails through Googlemail and Gmail do not display. The emails are downloaded and the header is correctly displayed but there is nothing visible in the body area.
Usually if I switch off the phone then turn it back on, they will display. Sometimes I have to do this several times then it will be okay for a month or so.
Has anyone got an explanation for this annoying occurance?

Feb 16, 2012 10:44:08 AM

You could also try clearing the programs cache as when the cache is full, it can sometimes cause bugs like the one you describe. The cache is just the folder where the app saves files and data for later use. To clear Gmails cache go to settings> applications> manage application> all> gmail and then click on "clear Cache" that might help clear up the problem of email bodys not displaying.

Hope that helps!

Feb 16, 2012 10:56:37 AM

Thanks for that. I use ZDbox (really good free app) which cleans the cache, amongst many other things - I had 88k in the mail cache. When I get this problem again I will try that first.

Feb 16, 2012 7:38:02 PM

Regretably that is not the solution because suddenly again today the body text is not displayed. Perhaps the HTC emailing program is not the best.
Could someone advise what they consider to be the best program for emails?

Feb 18, 2012 11:03:26 AM

I am using the supplied app but as I stated in my original post, occasionally it stops displaying the text in the body of the email and the only way to see what is in the email is to restart the phone. It is okay at the moment - I have a pleasant surprise if the text is displayed every time I use it then I think, "I wonder if I will be able to see the body text next time?"

Feb 20, 2012 11:17:11 AM

Not yet but I did try K9 and I couldn't see my body text there either so it is obviously a phone thing.
Presently all is well -- until the next time.
When it happens again is will install the Kaiten program.
Thanks for your interest.